GrandCayman Diving & Kids

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paigemc

New
Reaction score
I will be traveling to Grand Cayman on April 27 for 1 week with my fiance and son who is 8 years old. My fiance and I are currently taking diving classes here in our hometown to get certified to dive while visiting Grand Cayman. Does anybody know of any dive operations that would allow my son to come with us on the boat while we dive. He is an experienced snorkeler, and excellent swimmer. We took him to Grand Cayman last year and that's all we did. I'm not looking for a babysitter, but rather just someone to let him hang out on the boat while we dive. If not, than maybe my fiance and I could take turns diving while the other one stays back with him. I'd be interested in hearing any comments. We will be staying at the Beach Club on 7 Mile Beach. Thank you!

Howdy,
Where are you staying? I haven't heard of a Beach Club on 7 mile beach.:huh: If you're going to be at Seven Mile Beach Resort and Club, the on-site dive op is 7 Mile Watersports. Charlie,(aka Bubba) was the head honcho when we were there last. He's pretty laid back and easy to get along with. He may not have a problem with your son riding along. The web site for the resort is www.7mile.ky and there are links for the dive shop..

Originally posted by TruckDiver
If you're going to be at Seven Mile Beach Resort and Club, the on-site dive op is 7 Mile Watersports. Charlie,(aka Bubba) was the head honcho when we were there last. He's pretty laid back and easy to get along with. He may not have a problem with your son riding along. The web site for the resort is www.7mile.ky and there are links for the dive shop..

If Charlie says no, you could also ask at www.divetech.com what their policy on non-divers is. If the boat isn't crowded, they might allow it. They most likely would not if the boat was full (safety issues, etc.) and/or would charge a fee as your son would be taking the place of a paying diver... That's likly to be the case for any dive operation though.

They have their main shop right next to the turtle farm and a second shop at www.CobaltCoast.com resort a mile or so East of the turtle farm. They are really good and offer 1 tank morning and 2 tank afternoon dives most days.

I'll be staying there and diving with divetech again for the end of March and beginning of April.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom