Grand Turk -- What's the latest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robinella

Registered
Reaction score
My husband, nephew, and I, all divers, are thinking about going to Grand Turk in Dec. or January. How has the island been affected by the cruise ships? What are the best hotels these days? Is Oasis still the best dive op?

thanks in advance for any news.
dsao

Robinella:
My husband, nephew, and I, all divers, are thinking about going to Grand Turk in Dec. or January. How has the island been affected by the cruise ships? What are the best hotels these days? Is Oasis still the best dive op?

thanks in advance for any news.
dsao
Not sure what your budget is but the Bohio Resort http://www.bohioresort.com/
is a good option. You can get more info from their website. Their low season is before Dec 20th and the high season runs Dec 21- Jun 30. The dive packages include 6 days 2 tank boat dives and unlimited beach diving, tanks, weights and belt, all goverment and hotel taxes. It is a very laid back relaxing place.

I'd be glad to help there is no fee for my service its the same as if you booked direct. Also with this resort I can offer a discount off the retail rate. You can email me if you are interested.

Babs

If you are not dead set on Grand Turk you might look at Salt Cay. Salt Cay Divers is a great place to hang. Very quiet with less than 100 people on the island.

That said duringour last visit to Grand Turk we were seeing the development happening. I have not dove it since then but it seems to me that several of the sites were impacted. I am sure that you can get away from the boat turons but sometimes it will be hard to escape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom