Grand Turk or South Caicos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a1parrothead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
4 of us are thinking Grand Turk or South Caicos. Not sure which yet. Any suggestions? I want a small operation that is not at all crowded. As far as accommodations, simple is fine.
I am having trouble finding any CURRENT info on accommodations and diving on South Caicos. Any help would be greatly appreciated (where to stay, who to dive with, how to get there).
Also, any "can't miss" dive site info would be great.
Thanks, Jeff

I have only breen to Grand Turk so I can't compare them. I do know that there is not much at all on South Caicos. One of the DM's at South Caicos resort was on the boards for a while but I haven't seen a post in a while. You might want to do a search and PM him. We rented a villa in Grand Turk and were very happy. It was called Turtle Crossing. Highly recommended. We dove with Oasis Divers. Highly recommended. To get there you have to fly into Providenciales and then take a hopper plane over to either Grand Turk or South Caicos. It looks like the shuttle service is now provided by "Air Turks & Caicos" How to get to Turks and Caicos Islands - Airline and Airport directory

As to can't miss dives sites on Grand Turk I still remember a site called McDonalds and one called Black Coral Gardens.

Any flights directly from Florida to G.T.?

Sorry. . .my bad the Turtle Crossing villa was on Cayman Brac not Grand Turk. We rented a condo on the beach on Grand Turk and I can't renmember the name of the place. I think they are now called the Crabtree Apartments but I could be wrong.

Look at the Osprey Hotel and Oasis Divers or Blue Water Divers on Grand Turk. Most everything else was damaged during the Hurricane.

Did you end up going? I'm interested in teh condition of the reefs, etc. Planning a trip late Feb with my husband.

Jennifer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom