Grand Turk diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jzsackst

Reaction score
We are going on a Carnival cruise in 2/09. Would like to dive for the day. Does anyone know what dive operation Carnival uses and how they are? Or does anyone have any recommendations for a dive operation that we can book on our own within close proximity to the ship.

Oasis Divers is the best of the three or so on the island. The owner Dale, has really gone out of her way to embrace the cruise ship folk.. She has a couple small buses to pick up passengers and return them to the dock. And for the record, everything is in close proximity to the ship...it's a TINY island. The first time I went there, there were only a handful of small hotels, 3 dive shops and a bar. Awesome place to forget your troubles. I was kind of sad to see the cruise ships come in...

Yep, Dale at Oasis is tops. You will have a great time. They use large pontoon boats. All the dives are within 10 minutes or less of the dive shop. Here is a link to my dive report on Grand Turk (written just before the cruise boats came in).
http://www.scubamage.com/files/Diving_Grand_Turk.pdf

Mike

(added a picture of one of their dive boats)

Attachments

• IMAG0060_web.JPG
    IMAG0060_web.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 71
I dove Grand Turk in October with Oasis Divers (it is the operator that Carnival uses), it's a great operation. I was in Grand Caymen in April and all the while wishing I was back in Grand Turk. Unbelievable diving!

Attachments

• GrandTurkSweetness.jpg
    GrandTurkSweetness.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 81
Thanks so much to everyone for the great information. We also are not great fans of the cruise ships but we happen to be going on a group cruise that is in Grand Turk one day. We wouldn't be upset at all if the ships stopped going to Grand Turk. My husband dove in Provo and just loved it.

Since we will already be in port we are hoping to find the best diving. Any suggestions of dive sites? Are cruise ship folks only taken to a few select dive sites and if so why???? Would we be better off booking directly with the dive shops to get a better choice of dives? Most often divers are very conscious of protecting the reefs and natural beauty. My husband is a divemaster and supervisor of a large city police dive team. I am just a warm water, fair weather, tropical vacation diver. Again, thanks for the great advice.

The Amphitheater, The Black Forest and McDonalds come to mind. ibrary is also good.

Mike

The Amphitheater, The Black Forest and McDonalds come to mind. ibrary is also good.

Mike

I can second the vote for Oasis and these sites. They were my three favorites.

Hi I just got back from GTurks this week I chose not to use the C-Ships dive and went with Bohio loved the dive, price was much better than the price the ship was offering my friends dad lives on the Island and his best friend is Mitch with Blue water divers, but his dive was going to be out too long for me to get back to ship in time so I had to pass this time I will be going back to GT next month for a week and plan to go out with Blue waters and Oasis. I had no complants with Bohio it was a small group that went out we dove the Burning hole and the Gardens saw lots of nice fish and 7 foot Eel plenty of turtles and a couple of rays the crew was good and helpful with my gear. I took my own gear with me so that was a plus.

Back
Top Bottom