Grand Cayman - West Wall or North Wall? Or does it really matter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadad

Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to decide if I book my dive boat in Grand Cayman for the West wall or the North wall. Which wall is better or does it really matter?

I have searched and there does not seem to be any good answers.

Any thoughts?

The north wall is better. The west gets a lot of traffic. Where are you staying, or is this a cruise? When?

Damselfish:
The north wall is better. The west gets a lot of traffic. Where are you staying, or is this a cruise? When?

Sad to say, it is only a cruise for the day. It will be in November.

North wall is far better but if you have to go west ask for NW point - Big Tunnel, Orange Canyon, Sentinel Rock.

North is better then the west, but if you want the best diving in Grand Cayman, get out to the East End.

north for sure, like everybody said

North wall is the best side. It can also be more rough than the west side. Have a great time.

You may find that if they offer a North wall trip, it'll be combined with Stingray City. Which btw is a great option. If you opt for the West side trip, as Nipi mentioned push for Orange Canyon or Big Tunnel for the first dive, Aquarium is a great, shallow 2nd dive with hundreds of fish. Know that Big Tunnel is a 110' swimthrough.

I doubt you could make it to the East End from a cruise ship, it's at least a 45min drive each way. You'd never make the AM dive boat departures and most of the cruise ships seemed to leave around 5-6pm. so I doubt you could get back in time if you booked an afternoon dive. And everybody gets tendered to/from the Georgetown dock, I have no idea how long that takes...

sjspeck:
You may find that if they offer a North wall trip, it'll be combined with Stingray City. Which btw is a great option.

I just booked this for next Thursday. I can't wait!

Thanks for the input. North Wall is it. I've got it booked.

I just wish my dive buddy was using Nitrox. I would like the extra bottom time.

Back
Top Bottom