Grand Cayman weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daveyb430

Registered
Reaction score
I've been watching the weather forecast for Grand Cayman for my dive on June 21st. They show 60% chance of showers. Is this like Florida weather where it's nice almost all day and then showers move in and out in the afternoon, or should I be concerned about the conditions for my dive? Thanks.

daveyb430:
I've been watching the weather forecast for Grand Cayman for my dive on June 21st. They show 60% chance of showers. Is this like Florida weather where it's nice almost all day and then showers move in and out in the afternoon, or should I be concerned about the conditions for my dive? Thanks.

Well, it can be either. This time of year, it's more likely to be like Fla. But we also get the occasional day when it is cloudy and raining all day. If wind is the issue, there is usually one side of the island which is still diveable.

Predicting the weather more than a week out is little better than looking at the climatological average.

On average, the summer brings more rain to Cayman. Typically the rain comes in brief and intense squalls. Often the rainfall begins and ends in less than 30 minutes. Winds, which are a greater influence on diving than rain, are typically lighter in the summer months. This offers calmer seas more frequently.

Drew Sailbum:
Predicting the weather more than a week out is little better than looking at the climatological average.

On average, the summer brings more rain to Cayman. Typically the rain comes in brief and intense squalls. Often the rainfall begins and ends in less than 30 minutes. Winds, which are a greater influence on diving than rain, are typically lighter in the summer months. This offers calmer seas more frequently.

Thanks for the info. It looks like by the forecasts today the the weather on the day of my dive should be decent. Unfortunately I know these things can change very quickly. I'll just continue to pray for a nice morning. I've been looking forward to diving in Cayman since i got certified 5 years ago. One of those diver's dream come true things. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom