Grand Cayman VS Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
First a little backgrond: I am an advanced diver who dove Cozumel almost excusivley. We loved the place so much we built a home and I even lived there for a while. What we loved about it was the fact it had SPECTACULAR diving yet you could also enjoy driving all around the island exploring and shopping and restaurants. Well after 7 years we are sick of Cozumel and Wilma damaged most of the dive sites. I dove Little Cayman and HATED it. I stayed at LCBR and it was BORING. The island has nothing to do and is filled with rummies. I did go to Grand Cayman once about 12 years ago but I was so loaded with booze and narcotics ( 6 pack Heineken, 6 -1 mg Xanax, 90 MGS Methadone by 7:00 am for an 8:00am dive boat) that I don't remember much.
I was going to go back to G/Cayman but then looked at Curacao and the island looks FANTASTIC. Looks like we could drive for days and still not see everything. My concern is the quality of the diving.
Has anyone been to both islands several times? I prefer SPECTACULAR dive sites like huge walls etc. Is Curacao somewhat tame like the Bahama/ Florida? Or does it offer truly WORLD CLASS DIVING?

SlaveToTheReg:
I stayed at LCBR and it was BORING. The island has nothing to do and is filled with rummies. I did go to Grand Cayman once about 12 years ago but I was so loaded with booze and narcotics ( 6 pack Heineken, 6 -1 mg Xanax, 90 MGS Methadone by 7:00 am for an 8:00am dive boat) that I don't remember much. ?
pot, kettle, ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom