Grand Cayman Snorkel areas for a family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other than 7 mile there are spots nearby. On the way from east end you can hit Smith's Cove, Don Foster's, Eden Rock, the wreck of the Cali, the Wreck of the Gamma, Treasure Island sea pool. After 7 mile, there is Cemetery Beach.

Not as familiar with East End, but under docks is ALWAYS nice snorkeling. =D Enjoy your trip!

Since you are staying on the North Side, you'll be closer to the better from shore snorkeling spots on Grand Cayman. I see EastEnd Diver was gracious enough to post a link my snorkeling guides, so hopefully you had a chance to check it out.

My favorite spots are Barefoot Beach (haven't been in awhile, but I hear there is lots of trash along the beach), Queen's Monument, Wonderland (this is the area between the North Side Cemetery and Chisholm's grocery previously mentioned), Rum Point Boulder Coral Garden and Rum Point Barrier Reef.

Happy to answer any questions you may have regarding these or other spots.

As for a burger, I prefer Kaibo's burgers and fries, thought I haven't sampled one yet, the "new" burgers at the Wreck Bar look much improved.

Hey Mark, the handle I keeped since I lived in Miami and being a Northern person I wanted to do some sleddin (thats the sled with a motor of course). Staying at Mahogany Point I used VRBO to find. Have fun in the Caymans.
Rich

---------- Post added April 17th, 2012 at 08:51 PM ----------

Thanks Testudo for putting it together on your website, its a big help.
You know what I would love to see is a web site just for locations split up between scuba and snorkel from all divers by locations simular to your website were anyone can contribute with photos and descriptions on the locations. I did something on local food and travel info on the forum for USVI so people can find it with ease.
Thanks for the info.
Rich

Eden Rock would top my list- a short walk south from the cruse ship shuttle area, there is a nice restaurant and dive shop there, easy entry and exit, and lots to see. very family friendly.
DivemasterDennis

If you go to Eden Rock do NOT go when cruise ships are in port.The resturant is next door and called "Paradise".There is a snorkel operator connected with "Paradise" resturant ,I would walk over to Eden Rock and dive from their area.

Here is the website for the cruise ship schedule:

http://www.caymanport.com/shipschedules.php

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom