Grand Cayman shore diving map?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glocklt4

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have found a few maps that indicate some of the spots, but looking for a more complete map with some good info on entries. No map seems to have them all, and all of them don't match each other that I've found (yet). Also, any recommendation on the best place to get Nitrox tanks from?

Anyone have any good resources?

Here are the links I have so far:
http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/Maps/map-dive-sites-1250.jpg
Dive Site Map
Dive Site Map | Diving in Grand Cayman, Diving Tours | Dive Cayman
Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Cayman Islands, Caribbean
Good one for Lighthouse Point: http://www.lighthouse-point-cayman.com/divetechLHP.htm

There's only a few places to get tanks on Grand Cayman period. Many of the dive operators are either boat/marina based or won't let tanks off their property. Two that will:

Eden Rock in Georgetown has a 24hr. rental. Divers Supply in West Bay rents tanks - IDK about Nitrox.

I've never found a good map either. One of the Cayman dive books you can buy on Amazon gets most of them. IIRC it's the Lonely Planet guide.

Here's a list of every shoredive that I'm aware of - some are off private property - some are also long swims out or higher current dives. Maybe you could google them?

Cobalt Coast
One of the Hepp's sites.
Bonnie's Arch
Turtle Reef
Lighthouse Point
Kittiwake
Cemetery Beach
Eden Rock
Devils Grotto
Cheeseburger Reef
Cali Wreck
Sunset House - Poulson Wreck
Sunset House - Mermaid.
Smith's Cove
The Maze
Julie's Wall
Babylon

hth,

hire a local dm to show you round for a day or two. 2psi

I bought Franko's Dive Map for GC, 10$ on eBay. It's printed on waterproof synthetic paper, has decent descriptions of all the sites.

It's what I'll be using. 100+ sites listed, not just shore dives.

I bought Franko's Dive Map for GC, 10$ on eBay. It's printed on waterproof synthetic paper, has decent descriptions of all the sites.

I highly recommend the Franko's map as well. Thanks Mark.

This is also a very handy guide:

http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/offshore_diving.htm

I print it out and bring it with me each time I go. It's a little dated (pre-Ivan), but still pretty accurate.

Good diving!

Good to know. I thought I had read this as well, however I did notice that Divetech offers unlimited shore diving with some of their packages, however I guess that I do need to ask if they can leave their property or if that's only for Lighthouse Point, haha. I will definitely check out these two though. Nitrox isn't a requirement, however we do prefer to dive it if available especially when doing lots of diving.

Thanks for the list. I'll see what I can find about them!

There's only a few places to get tanks on Grand Cayman period. Many of the dive operators are either boat/marina based or won't let tanks off their property. Two that will:

Eden Rock in Georgetown has a 24hr. rental. Divers Supply in West Bay rents tanks - IDK about Nitrox.

I've never found a good map either. One of the Cayman dive books you can buy on Amazon gets most of them. IIRC it's the Lonely Planet guide.

Here's a list of every shoredive that I'm aware of - some are off private property - some are also long swims out or higher current dives. Maybe you could google them?

Cobalt Coast
One of the Hepp's sites.
Bonnie's Arch
Turtle Reef
Lighthouse Point
Kittiwake
Cemetery Beach
Eden Rock
Devils Grotto
Cheeseburger Reef
Cali Wreck
Sunset House - Poulson Wreck
Sunset House - Mermaid.
Smith's Cove
The Maze
Julie's Wall
Babylon

hth,

Cool, great idea. Thanks!

i once did a night dive with some locals from an apt complex to do armchair reef the complex had a Canadian neme. (windor apts or something like that). Another around there was a long swim from smith cove to do what is still in my logs as one of the most amazing dives. Very large coral heads with sand chutes dropping into the abyss. by the current guides I'd think it was Eagle Ray rock.
Check out Testudo's Guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom