Grand Cayman re-opens to tourists.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver:
Effective November 20, Grand Cayman the air restrictions for tourists to Grand Cayman will be lifted.
Yay!!
Now if they'd just do something about the expensive part....

I just returned from a Cruise that was one of the first ships to go back to Grand Cayman. Wow did that Island take a beating. They are still cleaning up. The reefs received noticble damage too. I did a dive off of Seven mile beach to about 80ft. There was still a considerable amount of marine life (Jacks, Turtles, a Moray, and HUGE lobsters, just to name a few). This was my first dive that was not inland and I loved it even with the damaged coral.

DayWalker:
I just returned from a Cruise that was one of the first ships to go back to Grand Cayman. Wow did that Island take a beating. They are still cleaning up. The reefs received noticble damage too. I did a dive off of Seven mile beach to about 80ft. There was still a considerable amount of marine life (Jacks, Turtles, a Moray, and HUGE lobsters, just to name a few). This was my first dive that was not inland and I loved it even with the damaged coral.

Daywalker. I am going to GC on a princess ship in Dec. wondered which line and ship you were on and if you used the ships dive program or booked on your own. any other info would be appreciated. Thanks. Bill. in Okilahoma.

Bill I traveled on the Carnival Conquest. I booked through the Ship although it cost me far more than if I had booked onshore. The reason I booked through the ship was to get a early Tendor to shore since the ship cannot pull up to the dock. The Conquest holds 3000 passangers and getting off early is given prefrence to those who have sore excursions through the ship. You may want to talk to the pursers desk to see if they will allow you a early tendor even if you make your own diving arrangements.

Good luck and Good diving

divedown:
Daywalker. I am going to GC on a princess ship in Dec. wondered which line and ship you were on and if you used the ships dive program or booked on your own. any other info would be appreciated. Thanks. Bill. in Okilahoma.

At this moment, only Red Sail, Fosters, Ocean Explorers & Fisheye are operating. DiveTech is planning on opening again on Nov 20. Others may be going by the time of your arrival.

Not sure who Princess works with, but I suspect it's Red Sail (mooo).

Have fun.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:

Not sure who Princess works with, but I suspect it's Red Sail (mooo).

Have fun.

DocVikingo

According to the redsail web site.
"We are the on-island dive operator for the following cruise lines:
Royal Caribbean International,
Norwegian Cruise Line, and
The Disney Cruise Line."

I think that they might use sotos, but I'm not completely sure. I do agree on the redsail mooo

Back
Top Bottom