Grand Cayman - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinjc

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi! I am posting way early here - but I'm pretty excited. We just booked a Disney Cruise for our family 10/12-10/19/02. We will be in Grand Cayman at 7 AM on Tuesday 10/15. I was hoping to do an morning dive that day - but my problem is that my wife doesn't dive (she snorkels) and the kids are much too little yet (they'll be 2 and 4 yrs old by then). Does anyone know of anywhere in Grand Cayman I could do a shore dive near a beach where my wife and kids could hang out for the morning? Even if there was a beach close to a boat launch area - we could all travel over there, get the family settled on the beach - then I could head out on the boat for a dive. Let me know...Thanks!!

I have only been on one cruise that stopped at Grand Cayman.
Onboard there were several "packages" or "tours" of things to do while in port. We chose to lay on the beach while there. However, where we went there were no dive operations.
I snorkeled with the kids while my wife baked on the beach.
We saw 3 turtles while snorkeling. There were dive packages I could have signed up for, but chose not to. With children that age it may be difficult for her to handle them by herself as it was a 20 minute taxi ride and 200 yard walk to the beach. Are there other ports of call? If Cozumel is one then it may be easier to "juggle" things there. Most of the dive operators can pick you up at the pier ( or arrange for transportation ) . The dive site is really close and you would be back in time to see the town with the family.

Good Luck,

MTC

I would suggest that you get ahold of cayman casey and see if she and keith can help you out.

I would rent a taxi, pay the 7 bucks and have them take you and your family to the public beach where casey picks their divers up at. Let your family play there for the 3 hours that you are out diving great sites instead of a ho hum site, plus you can buddy with casey.....Shes a great diver.

Email me if you have any other questions about the cayman's
Jason

Just a couple of blocks south of the dock is Eden Rocks Dive Centre. You can beach dive there. However, they don't have much of a beach, mostly ironshore. You have to climb down a ladder to the water. There are picnic tables at Eden Rocks and a couple of restaurants nearby if your wife and kiddos get too much sun. Have a great trip!

RonC.

I will also endorse the Eden Rocks Dive Centre just two blocks to the right as you get off the boat. I recommend that you dive right off there. The site is called Eden Rocks, adjacent to it is Devil's Grotto. You will see a lot of swim-thrus inhabited by large Tarpon. It is also a good snorkeling site if you wife is so inclined although I am sure she will have her hands full with two small kiddos.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom