Grand Cayman First Shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TedJ

Contributor
Reaction score
In Severna Park, on the Magothy River just north o
Here's a link to my first attempt at u/w photography. Got a lot to learn and practice. Olympus C-5050z, Sea & Sea YS90DX strobe, PT-015 housing. Most were taken between 1/60 and 1/125 at f5.6 to f8.

http://www.tedjanssen.com/pages/765995/index.htm

Nice job! The face and the giant sponge look familiar. (Was it the one with the cleaning station inside?) We go to the Cayman Diving Lodge annually. East End is my favorite diving (so far). Grouper Grotto, Julie's Wall, Cinderalla's Castle, Babylon, Jack Mackenny's Wall, The Maze, Photographic Reef, Chubb Hole.... We were there the beginning of March this year.

Very nice, Ted! I'm continuously amazed at the first time photos people get with digital cameras!

TedJ once bubbled...
Yeah Dee but you didn't see the ones that got away!

I've got a CD burned with nothing but fish butts, blurry fins and empty space!

scubawife once bubbled...
Nice job! The face and the giant sponge look familiar. (Was it the one with the cleaning station inside?) We go to the Cayman Diving Lodge annually. East End is my favorite diving (so far). Grouper Grotto, Julie's Wall, Cinderalla's Castle, Babylon, Jack Mackenny's Wall, The Maze, Photographic Reef, Chubb Hole.... We were there the beginning of March this year.

We were there from the 8-22. Dove most of those sites. The spongeman1 is just west of anchor point at about 85 ft. It's at the point where you are just about to turn around and head back on top of the wall. Haven't done Photographic Reef and we didn't do Chub Hole this year. The seas were so rough on the east side that we went around on the north the whole time. One day it was like glass. I've never seen it so calm in ten years!

Do you keep every picture you take? If they're a bad pic why keep em? I usually delete the bad ones and only keep the good and semi-good ones.

Agape once bubbled...
Do you keep every picture you take? If they're a bad pic why keep em? I usually delete the bad ones and only keep the good and semi-good ones.

On this trip I shot pretty much at the maximum resolution, filled up one 512 CF card and part of another (about 175 images). I kept about half of those and after cropping, etc. had the ones I posted. The rest I will eventually delete from the CF cards, my Archos Jukebox and two copies on my hard drive. My be overkill but I like backups.

Back
Top Bottom