Grand Cayman Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drew, Casey, et al...

Thanks for all the great detailed responses on the shore dives. Doing 12 days of boat diving in Cayman just wouldnt be feasible for us. We might however be interested in doing a few days of boat diving if there are any 'must see' spots that you feel our vacation couldn't do without (except Stingray City).

One other thing... The dive guide I dove with last time I was in Cayman mentioned that there were some inland caves on the east end of the island that were divable, tho they were on private property, somewhat inaccessible and we would have to get permission. Since two of us are full cave certified, we might be interested in looking into this if anyone has any information.

Again, Thanks for all the great information!

For info on the caves you might want to give Brian Davis a buzz once you've reached the island. He's been a guide/instructor here on the island for years and is now also running kayak tours. He seems to know alot about the caves that you're talking about. Ph # 926-1234 Sundivers Kayak Adventures.

Does anyone have any information about a shipwreck called the Carrie Lee?

caymancase once bubbled...
For info on the caves you might want to give Brian Davis a buzz once you've reached the island.

Thank you Casey, ya'll have been great at providing me answers. Any chance you might have an email addy for him?

Cave Diver once bubbled...
Does anyone have any information about a shipwreck called the Carrie Lee?

The Carrie Lee is a popular technical dive on trimix to 165-260fsw. More foolish souls occasionally give it a go on air.Divetech's website has a nice brief write up on it.

The ship sits at the edge of a drop-off, with the bow hanging over a bit. It's quite a sight. If you approach from below, it looks like the ship is about to topple on into the abyss.

Drew Sailbum once bubbled...

The Carrie Lee is a popular technical dive on trimix to 165-260fsw. More foolish souls occasionally give it a go on air.Divetech's website has a nice brief write up on it.

Thanks for the info Drew. One of our group is Trimix certified (the NAUI Course Director) and was asking me about it. I was familiar with the more popular ones like the Balboa and the Ora Verde but had never heard of the Carrie Lee. The website didnt give a lot of detail, but I gathered it is off the south side of the island and accessible only by boat?

Sorry, I don't know Brian's email addy. Just give him a buzz once you get here.

Back
Top Bottom