Grand Cayman Dive Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best shore dives on Grand Cayman, at least in the opinion of many locals, include Babylon, Anchor Point, and the Main Wall (not mini-wall) at Turtle Reef. I don't know many people who would include Cobalt Coast on this list.

I would have to agree.. I have stayed at CC and didn't think the shore diving was that good.. I think the shore dives at Sunset House are better although at recreational depths they do show diver stress (at technical depths I really like the area)..

Anyone notice the physical address of Cobalt Coast is 18A Sea Fan Drive, West Bay? The dive shop is at 18B Sea Fan Drive.

I don't know which got its name first, the reef or the road. But as a GC resident of about 6 years I have never before heard of this reef being called Sea Fan reef.

As to the original post... winter just isn't the time to try combining a Stingray City dive and North Wall dive. Depending upon your schedule you might be able to get in a shore dive near town in addition to a Stingray dive. Try Sunset House, Don Foster's at Casuarina Point, or the wreck of the Cali from Cayman Diving College/Divers Down.

I was there 1 year ago in Dec. Danny at off the wall divers did a trip to stingray city and the north wall for us. weather permitting, he may consider it again. We dove with all of the afformentioned operations, and prefered off the wall because they were small and very personal. We had the boat to ourselves on most dives.
That is only 2 cents worth, though, sounds like Drew has more of an inside line for you.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom