Grand Cayman - Child Friendly Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexas

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good resort on Grand Cayman that is child friendly and has child care while we go diving? I've looked at the Hyatt and Westin and both seem to have a Kid's Camp/Club; has anyone had any experiences they can relate with these? Any other suggestions? Thanks

The Hyatt and the Westin are the two I know of on the west side with a kids program. Morritt's on East End recently started a kids program as well.

Hyatt and Westin are along Seven Mile Beach and closer to more attractions. Morritt's is more isolated on the eastern tip of the island. To generalize, younger kids don't care so much, but teens usually prefer to be on Seven Mile Beach.

Are there any other criteria that you are looking for in selecting a resort?

Thanks. We're looking for a balanced vacation where we can do some great diving, enjoy time with our son in a nice setting when we're not diving and experience the local culture. Since our son will be 3 years old at the time of our trip, we want to find some place that provides really good safe child care while we're out diving. In other words, some place that we can be confident in when we leave him so we won't be thinking or worried about him while we're diving.

We've stayed at both Hyatt and Westin with w/ 6-8, 7-9 and 8-10 year olds: that is, every year for the past 3, and have been really pleased with the kids' program. Although for us it was more about other kids for ours to play w than anything else. We also found the counselors/caregivers to be excellent, and we found both the caregivers and other staff, e.g. waitresses looking for extra work, more than happy to offer evening sitting if we were looking for a night out w/out kids ( a good alternative to the planned programs).

I also know a nondiving woman who did a time share swap for Morritts on the east end, which is much less touristy, and her kids, 7 and 10, loved the activities. It is much more isolated as Drew says but I think it would be more "real" than touristy. You can always drive to G'town or 7 mile beach. The diving is supposed to be spectacular. Personally I'm looking forward to my next GC trip a no kids trip to east end.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom