grand bahamas 2012 - best dive operations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimpaired

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heading to Grand Bahamas July 3rd. I'm at a property with a dive operation on it. I've seen some well priced training specials at some others. any recommendations for the best dive operation to go with (my fiancee just got certified last week). I've been diving a bit a and thought about doing the advanced there. Any guidance is appreciated. We're staying in Freeport at the Pelican.

FWIW, I am headed to UNEXSO & Pelican Bay, in 2 days. UNEXSO is right next door to Pelcian Bay, very convenient :)

FWIW, I am headed to UNEXSO & Pelican Bay, in 2 days. UNEXSO is right next door to Pelcian Bay, very convenient :)

Thanks for the response Mike. Yep - I'm looking at them too since they are right on the property. I'm also looking at Grand Bahamas Scuba who have popped up a number of times in responses on the web and seem well liked and personal. I spoke to Melinda yesterday. She said they pick you up at the hotel and drop you back. I was thinking about some of the SSI specialty stuff while I was there and they have a nice package of dives for that. Unexso looks like a huge operation and seems to be very well reviewed too. So far those are the only two I've seen that seem routinely recommended. (not that there aren't others mind you)

You can't go wrong the Fred & Melinda. Dove with them several times and going back in sept. best on the island.

Agree re Fred and Melinda. Was impressed when I was there. Smaller boat, easy to get along with.

I have been with both Unexso and Fred Riger during my stay in Grand Bahama few years ago
Unexso are very professional and offer a unique experience with the dolphin dive and their shark dive is brilliant
However diving with Fred ensures a personal touch and service that you don't feel if you just dive with Unexso. I also don't like the nekton flat boats Unexso uses I prefer a normal island hopper

Did grand bahama scuba for 5 days and couldn't be happier. They were Great! See my other post about the trip. Thanks all for the guidance!

Back
Top Bottom