Question Grand Bahama Dive Operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for opinions and recommendations for dive operators in Freeport, Grand Bahama. What I've found is: Reef Oasis Dive Club, Epic Diving, Sunn Odyssey, Unexso, and Grand Bahama Scuba.

Reef Oasis is the onsite op at the Wyndham, an all-inclusive resort. The Wyndham doesn't have great reviews, so I'm going to pass on the AI style of vacation this time.
Epic Diving is a specialty, shark-only dive op.

I appreciate any input you have about the remaining three ops.

Dove with Grand Bahama Scuba in spring of 2018. They are located at Ocean Reef Yacht Club. They let you pretty much do your own thing - dives lasted about 1 hour, with exception of our very first dive and a deeper wreck, both not being quite 50 minutes. Met a guy at the airport who wound up coming and diving with us as the op at his hotel was iffy as to if they would go out or not - don’t remember where he stayed but it seems it was a bigger name hotel.

I’m going back in March and although I’m sure we’ll dive with GBS again since we are staying at Ocean Reef, we will probably also dive with Sunn Odyssey, which is nearby and the only other op we checked out last trip. Seemed like a pretty good op from info gathered and in talking to them. They took divers out someplace on days that GBS was being cautious due to weather and didn’t go out.

Back
Top Bottom