Gralmarine 3XML 2 or alternative

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kitzy

Contributor
Reaction score
I am planning to get the graLmarine 3XML 2 unless someone gives me a alternative that makes me reconsider, I recently made a post asking for advice and have since narrowed things down.

The alternative has to be
Able to handle 14.4v
Not have it's own canister as a requirement
A tight beam
Able to be used well in murky water

I would love to hear if anyone knows any divelights that fit those requirements

If you already have the batterypack from Gralmarine, only Gralmarine lightheads will fit the connectors on the batterypack.

If you already have the batterypack from Gralmarine, only Gralmarine lightheads will fit the connectors on the batterypack.
There are ways around it, but yeah.

There are ways around it, but yeah.
GRALmarine sells an e/o cord that screws into their batteries, you can then put an e/o connection on anything else you want to run off the battery.

GRALmarine sells an e/o cord that screws into their batteries, you can then put an e/o connection on anything else you want to run off the battery.
Think you need the switch on the battery for that though, with I did not get sadly.

But I may be wrong

Think you need the switch on the battery for that though, with I did not get sadly.

But I may be wrong
You need the switch on whatever you connect to it. Also, they have the heating regulator e/o cord which acts like a switch (with 3 settings).

A mate uses the 3XML-2 and it is a very nice light.
Definitely on par (slightly better even) than my old NLS 40w super spot which was great.
When the day comes that I go back to a corded primary it is definitely very high up on my list.

You need the switch on whatever you connect to it. Also, they have the heating regulator e/o cord which acts like a switch (with 3 settings).
Yeah I know about the last one, I am planning to use that for my Santi setup.

And if you mean the regulator switch then yeah, I was not planning on having two of those.

If you mean the battery switch then sadly, yes, I do not have that (Had I known back then I would have gotten it, but yanno, hindsight is 20/20)

A mate uses the 3XML-2 and it is a very nice light.
Definitely on par (slightly better even) than my old NLS 40w super spot which was great.
When the day comes that I go back to a corded primary it is definitely very high up on my list.
Thanks for the feedback ^^

Back
Top Bottom