Gps co-ordinates for freeport bahamas dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tormedic

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am trying to locate the gps coordinates for the following dive sites at
Freeport Grand Bahamas

Please send any information to my email if you can thanks
steve

tormedic@gmail.com

1) BENS CAVERN
2) duncans wreck
3) pigmey caves
4) tuunnels
5) freebex landing craft
6) badgers tug
7) tyne reef
8) the little hale's lair
9)_ laura wreck

thanks

Ummm, Steve? Dive operators don't share their GPS coordinates for dive sites with other folks unless the site is otherwise published. It's kind of a "we make money with these coordinates" kind of thing. Please don't think I'm rude, but what you're asking for just isn't done. Say you get the coordinates from someone, and you happen to share them with your best buddy, the other boat. Now, every time the boat you got the numbers from shows up at the reef, the other boat is already there, and instead of being able to advertise "we go the places no one else goes", the trip reports read "the dive site was crowded with 2 boats there" or "we had to wait for a mooring when we got there". Please understand, it isn't that no one wants you to have the numbers, but no one wants you to have the numbers.

The other reason is that moorings in the Bahamas are typically maintained by the shop that put them in. If everyone starts using them, some of the bigger boats may rip out a mooring or damage the anchoring point, causing hurt feelings all around. And, many dive operators have been burnt by "don't worry, I won't share them". Somehow, they get shared.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom