Gotta love the youth of today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He probably learned it playing video games.

The one part of the article that worries me is where "the boy's mother said she taught him to drive while sitting in her lap".

I've described my vehicle's function in great detail to my own son, but I would never dream of seating him on my lap for actual "driving" lessons! Not only uncomfortable, but highly illegal and if the airbag went off it could kill us both. And if I wanted him to play "driving" by sitting in the driver's seat, the vehicle would be shut off, or at the VERY least in neutral with the emergency brake set.

SOME PEOPLE!!! :11: *shakes head*

Funny, I was driving when I was six. Had to stand behind the wheel, and drop down to shift gears..........we were living on a farm though.

I can remember being handed the car keys to move it in off the street at 12, but I was tall and responsible for my age.

(Now I'm short and impulsive - what happened?)

FreeFloat:
The one part of the article that worries me is where "the boy's mother said she taught him to drive while sitting in her lap".

I've described my vehicle's function in great detail to my own son, but I would never dream of seating him on my lap for actual "driving" lessons! Not only uncomfortable, but highly illegal and if the airbag went off it could kill us both. And if I wanted him to play "driving" by sitting in the driver's seat, the vehicle would be shut off, or at the VERY least in neutral with the emergency brake set.

SOME PEOPLE!!! :11: *shakes head*

I seriously doubt the mother actually "taught him to drive while sitting in her lap." When I was little my dad used to take me out to a friend's property in the country and let me "drive". I just sat in his lap and helped steer while he worked the peddles and drove along at about five mph. No other cars, no other people, no danger at all. He was in complete control the whole time. The mother of the boy in the article probably did something similar and the press took the whole thing out of context.

emn057:
I seriously doubt the mother actually "taught him to drive while sitting in her lap." When I was little my dad used to take me out to a friend's property in the country and let me "drive". I just sat in his lap and helped steer while he worked the peddles and drove along at about five mph. No other cars, no other people, no danger at all. He was in complete control the whole time. The mother of the boy in the article probably did something similar and the press took the whole thing out of context.

It was you wasn't it :D

I think they should nail the mother and hard.....
Okay now that i have the flames rising up stop and think about this for a second.
She admitted to allowing him to be on her lap while driving..... this is illeagel and she admitted to it. Also the cps fanatics would call this child endangerment.

He hit cars, this point alone is what makes me mad. I can hear some of you saying oh but insurance will cover it. But anyone who has had to file with insurance knows that you get screwed. 99% of the time dealing with insurance you wont even get close to what you had.

Yes no major supposed damage was done but...... just the fact that this happened showed that the mother has no clue as to what her child is up to. Also she shows that she allows access to harmfull things i.e. car keys.... and if she didnt know this was happening imagine what else the kid does that she dosent have a clue about.

Also even though he was going idle... the car could have run over someone by accident very easy. and think about this, right now your saying im going overboard because it didnt happen.... but it could have and just think how upset you would be if say it had been your car that was hit.... or even worse say your kid accidently walked in front of this car and got ran over... oh but that couldent happen cause we all know that kids pay attention to where they are walking right.

So before you start thinking how cute this situation was, think of what could have happend and how you would feel if it had been you car, or worse you or a family member. I bet you would want the mothers head on a platter then.....

That kid got out of the and went on a road trip and only when the police brought him home did she even know that the child was gone. Holy crap, that kid should already be in protective custody.

mk57nato:
I think they should nail the mother and hard.....
Okay now that i have the flames rising up stop and think about this for a second.
She admitted to allowing him to be on her lap while driving..... this is illeagel and she admitted to it. Also the cps fanatics would call this child endangerment.

He hit cars, this point alone is what makes me mad. I can hear some of you saying oh but insurance will cover it. But anyone who has had to file with insurance knows that you get screwed. 99% of the time dealing with insurance you wont even get close to what you had.

Yes no major supposed damage was done but...... just the fact that this happened showed that the mother has no clue as to what her child is up to. Also she shows that she allows access to harmfull things i.e. car keys.... and if she didnt know this was happening imagine what else the kid does that she dosent have a clue about.
I absolutly agree with. I don't think the story is funny. I think it proves total negligence of the mother.
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom