Got to do it....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello All,

I have been badgered into making it official. I am now in the land of sunshine, and am making my presence known among the Conchs. Not sure if just living here qualifies me to call myself one, I am sure I will know, eventually.

I have done some snorkling in Panama City and in Destin already. And made a great dive in the basin at Morrison Springs yesterday. Looking forward to needing to fill my tanks many more times.

First of all... you're going to have to change your profile to say you're in Florida before you count....

Second.... WELCOME!!!

Rachel

Browse the FL Conch forum, we have quite a few dives in the works in the panhandle area currently.

Destin Jetties this Saturday
Cypress Springs this Sunday
Navarre Pier and Pensacola Beach Reef to following Sunday
Oriskany sinks on the 17th

So the option to find the need to fill your tanks often is definately presenting itself.

Welcome to the South, not a Floridian myself, but damned close :)

Welcome to the Panhandle. I'm in the early stages of diving so I can't offer much help on where to dive or anything like that, but can offer help in the more mundane parts of life.

photohikedive:
Hello All,

I have been badgered into making it official. I am now in the land of sunshine, and am making my presence known among the Conchs. Not sure if just living here qualifies me to call myself one, I am sure I will know, eventually.

I have done some snorkling in Panama City and in Destin already. And made a great dive in the basin at Morrison Springs yesterday. Looking forward to needing to fill my tanks many more times.

Being in Florida is just part of it. I dont wanna step on any toes but, well, you have to come to an Offical Conch Gathering before you can actually be a Conch. Oh yeah, the new guy always has to buy the Rum. And if I remember correctly you also have to pay for air and do all the cooking at our events. Did I mention that you have to give 75% of your Bug catch as offering to the Rum Gods too? I'm sure that pretty much all my fellow Conchers will agree with me. ALL HAIL THE RUM TOTE!!!

Chris

Itote:
Being in Florida is just part of it. I dont wanna step on any toes but, well, you have to come to an Offical Conch Gathering before you can actually be a Conch. Oh yeah, the new guy always has to buy the Rum. And if I remember correctly you also have to pay for air and do all the cooking at our events. Did I mention that you have to give 75% of your Bug catch as offering to the Rum Gods too? I'm sure that pretty much all my fellow Conchers will agree with me. ALL HAIL THE RUM TOTE!!!

Chris

you're not related to ffestpirate, are you?

SuPrBuGmAn:
Destin Jetties this Saturday
Cypress Springs this Sunday
Navarre Pier and Pensacola Beach Reef to following Sunday
Oriskany sinks on the 17th
Add Morrison this Friday about 3pm and the Destin Jetties next Friday at 09:40.

As they say on the sub - DIVE DIVE DIVE !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom