Got to dive in Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
I went on a 7 day trip to Mexico and stayed in the corridor area of Cabo San Lucas at Club Regina. Did a few boat dives at Pelican Rock and Neptunes Finger. Saw some sea fans, sea lions, moray eels, trumpet fish, and some small octopusses(8-12"). Nothing like we have here in the Pacific Northwest. We also tried doing a day of diving at Cabo Pulmo but it was really windy and overcast and the dive shop there cancelled all boat dives for the day. So my wife and I ended up snorkelling at Cabo Pulmo in the 5-7 ft swells. Didn't want to waste 4 hrs of driving round trip. All in all a good trip and a great time.

Aaron

I was in Cabo a couple of years ago for a four night familiarization trip during mid-November. I was allowed to stray from the group for a two tank dive " across the bay". I saw a beautiful turtle, a bazillion puffer fish, eels, and schools of amberjacks. The visibility was only about 40-60 feet and the ocean surge was pretty rough. I thought it was a good dive. I also did a one tank dive at night but we only went to the little rock ( not the arch) that is near the Marina. I saw some great bio-luminescence, and assorted fish. not really a great night dive and from what I understand now Cabo is terrible for night diving. I do remember a lot of urchins there also. I heard there was hammerhead schooling in La Paz when Iwas there, too bad I have to leave.

We dove Pelican Rock (near the arch) in early July of 2002. It was much colder than we expected. We dove without hoods, but really could have used one. The visibility was pretty good. We didn't see the large pelagics that they advertise at the tip of the arch. It was a bit too rough to dive there on the day we went.

Back
Top Bottom