Got certified, now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Won’t reiterate what has been said. I’m a shearwater fanboy. Can’t go wrong with a Perdix. Not a rechargeable fan. I want my primary dive computer rock solid at a moment’s notice. My friend loves the Teric. It’s ok. Don’t really like him anyway. :wink:

Locations.... You are a skip away from some phenomenal diving in so cal. Channel Islands. San Diego. Big Sur. On a liveaboard you can do 15+ dives in 4 days. My new dive friends loved the trips that I took them on. Considered them to be transformative in their experience level. Use some care in choosing the dive and if it is something you will need a guide for. Very little handholding with an emphasis on personal responsibility. Diving the Pacific coast can really build your capabilities.

Side note. Because I live in Cal and got tired of freezing my butt off, I started diving dry in 96’. You can’t enjoy a dive with your teeth chattering. Southern Channel Islands in Octoberish can be tolerated in a wetsuit. But that’s the kind of sissy I am.:bounce:

Its important to not rush into gear and courses, getting comfortable UW and doing your drills flawlessly is key to being a better diver. Remember that an OW student with 300 dives will always outshine an AOW student with 25 dives.
I dived with an open water diver in Grand Turk, his skills were greater than half the people on the boat, he had over 500 dives in his log book. he said he never felt he needed another certification... experience is much better than a cert card... As others have said. Dive, Dive, Dive and Dive some more. unless you are only a vacation diver, there is a lot to see in a lake

Back
Top Bottom