GoPro packages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReelDuel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What should I do about this? I have a Sealife DC800 camera and my friend has a GoPro and my pictures/video suck compared to his and my camera cost 2-3x as much. So what go pro camera options would you pick. My friends videos and pictures make mine look like ****. I want pictures/videos I can share with my family to show our adventures. I want the best they have to offer and to be able to do a hands free mount. Any advice I am thankful for. OBTW We are heade to Aruba in a few months and I want much better video/pictures than our last trip to the Carribean waters so I can share them here.

I am currently using the GoPro Hero2 with the dive housing, and the LCD bacpack. This allows easy target acquisition, and the only way to view what you are really shooting. I am also adding the SRP red filter once released in late October.

gp2 has a few packages..
gp2 outdoor will be bet for your needs now.
then you need the dive housing, you can choose
1) orignal go pro housing
2) srp housing
3) backscatter housing
then you also need the tripod mount from gopro
finally i will propose that you get a monopod to start.

Great question. I picked up a couple of Hero 2 cams for my video series and use the new (is it still considered new??) Dive Housing with the Polar Pro red filter. I have one mounted on the Big Blue LED rig (Amazon.com: BigBlue Underwater LED Light System Kit for GoPro Action Video Camera: Camera & Photo) which has turned out to be fantastic. My other rig is a Sealife SL980 video lights setup. Definitely prefer the Big Blue. Below 45 feet I'll usually turn the lights on, no need at shallower depths.
I started out shooting the series with the Eye of Mine housing... but the GoPro Dive housing is a real improvement as you can see in later episodes.

Check out some of the footage in the trailers I put up here: TheScubaSMac - YouTube

Regards,
JMac

Well I want to buy the current product and with me at 52 years old it should last me the rest of my diving age. I just hate that I spent SOOOOO much money on my SeaLife DC800. But it is a good camera that maybe I can sell or use for a beach/water camera that I can let the grandkids use when we are at the beach. I just want to capture what we can of my wife and I while we are able to dive. And not have to purchase another.

REI has a member sale right now iirc. 20%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may want to wait just a little bit. I saw this on a website I was cruising the other evening.

Update:
Well the rumors about the new GoPro Hero 3 being released soon might actually have some weight. According to sources the new GoPro Hero 3 is supposed to be available this month and will offer three versions.

White - $199 - "Cheap" camera that will be in chain stores
Silver - $299 - Motorsports edition which will include built-in WiFi among other new features
Black - $399 - Limited movie version

The new Hero 3 is also said to be slimmer and have up to 7 hours of battery life.

More info will be posted as it becomes available.

Visit GoPro.com for more info.

Hope that helps you just a bit. I may or may not have put a down payment on one after laying eyes on it.

Back
Top Bottom