GoPro Nub - Suggested settings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hostage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got a Black GP and I will be diving either tomorrow or the next day. I did the update and am charging it all up right now.

I am curious what settings I should have the camera on? I will be diving tropical waters w/ a red filter. I have no lights.

I have a 32GB Class 10 memory card in it. No video editing software. What is easy and will look good?

Kind Regards,

Hostage

wow that's a tough one, really, There is no one magic setting.

You could be shooting wide angle, or macro, slow motion or fast motion, and it all depends on what YOUR final expectations are, and use, whether a Facebook or Youtube post, or high-rez DVD burn.

Since you're starting out from scratch, I suggest getting familar with your camera on land first. Walk the yard wide angle and then walk up to a flower or small thing and get 4" away, spin around, chase the dog, annoy the wife, fun stuff like that.

get used to and very at ease with simple menu operation of the camera, before you even get wet. serious, walk around the yard or your living room and FILM.........If it's brand new, I ALWAYS take any housing down empty the first dive to test for leaks and not have to sacrifice a H3 black to the dive gods.

The rest of the easy answers, I'd say the search function of these forums is your best friend, and read read read.

Or just put it in 1080/30-60 FPS and call it good. I prefer 720/60-120 myself but you'll learn by doing.

hero3videomodes.jpg

More choices for you...............still with the basics, then move on to the exotic.....sucky image, it comes from GoPro.com key home page.............

Attachments

• asset.jpg
    asset.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 138

Back
Top Bottom