GoPro Mounts...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
I e-mailed them asking for an update and pricing. I'll post here once I hear back.

Look into the Snake River Protype BlurFix. Uses real photographic filters and no vignetting in any setting underwater >40ft, little tiny fuzziness in the corners at 960 but the housing compression at depth takes care of the vignetting.

You can get deep water cyan, shallow water cyan and green water filters and polarizing filter for dry shooting. Comes with a clear UV filter that would be used for lights or use the shallow water cyan if there is ambient light and you just highlight with LEDs or other lights.

Does the new flip up filter fit the OEM go pro housing or does it fit Backscattters housing?
Can you use the LCD screen with the dive housing?
Should I order the head strap mount when I order the Hero2 and housing or do most people prefer the hand mount?
I would think being hands free would be better... minus the bubbles and noise...

I made my own hand mount. It's similar to the ones from Mako Spearguns. I haven't gotten around to making a torch mount attachment because I haven't needed one. You will need a flat lens port otherwise your photos and videos will be blurry. I put a Blurfix on mine by Snake River Prototyping. Easy to do yourself. The red filter will make you happier with the color.

Their e-mail reply:

"Hello Rick-

We are about 2-3 weeks out on having the Flip filter ready for purchase. We will announce that it is ready for sale thru a newsletter. You can sign up for the newsletter via our website (if you have not already). So stay tuned.
Sincerely,

Trish Jones

Operations Manager
Backscatter Underwater Video & Photo
225 Cannery Row,
Monterey, CA 93940
831-645-1082 voice
831-375-1526 fax
trish@backscatter.com

www.backscatter.com"

I purchased the dive housing and drop in filter, just in case the pop-up filter is not here in time for my trip. Waiting on a PM from MAKO to verify the AR-15 grip mount and such.

Here is my GoPro 3D setup---tripod mounts screwed to an aluminum bar, with Nikonos strobe bars at each end for attaching lights. Lights, and method for attaching them are still TBD.

rig-070712.jpg

Back
Top Bottom