GoPro Hero Naked need dive housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hyc

Registered
Reaction score
HI,
I'm researching to buy a entry level video/still camera. Saw that gopro Hero naked (the original one) is on sale for only $129.

Have few questions hoping the gopro naked users on the forum can help me out with. From the specification seems like the camera itself comes with a waterproof housing that can go down to 197 feet / 60 meters.
Do I still need an additional dive housing to use it for diving? or is there any other benefit to use the extra dive housing for diving?

Can anyone share some still pictures taken with Hero Naked, I've seen video captured by gopro, haven't seen many still pictures.

Thanks in advance!

Hello. YES, you def. need the additional divehousing for diving. It has a flat lens which is required to focus under water.
A filter is also good to get right colours, and a wideangle torch or two if filming in darker conditions....
Gopro is best on video. Other cameras are better on stills.

Reactions: hyc
Ah.. I found the answer to my first questions regarding the housing:
GoPro Dive flat lens housing side by side comparison with standard waterproof housing - YouTube

Will still like to see some still images taken by gopro hero1 thou.

Thanks!

HI,
I'm researching to buy a entry level video/still camera. Saw that gopro Hero naked (the original one) is on sale for only $129.

Have few questions hoping the gopro naked users on the forum can help me out with. From the specification seems like the camera itself comes with a waterproof housing that can go down to 197 feet / 60 meters.
Do I still need an additional dive housing to use it for diving? or is there any other benefit to use the extra dive housing for diving?

Can anyone share some still pictures taken with Hero Naked, I've seen video captured by gopro, haven't seen many still pictures.

Thanks in advance!

---------- Post Merged at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Thanks avigulf, an OK UW camera cost too much for me, I'm looking for something that just good enough to document my dives. Thanks for the info!

Why shoot any stills?? Just video the whole dive then edit the video and get your stills. This is the same way I thought when I picked my DC800 and when I saw my friends GoPro videos and the stills they chopped out I said DAMM why did I spensd all this money for a camera. Right now Im just trying to figure out what I need to get into the GoPro HD 2. I think the go pro outdoor with the underwater case and need everyone here to help me to finish my wish list. Thank you everyone, Fred

Why shoot any stills?? Just video the whole dive then edit the video and get your stills. This is the same way I thought when I picked my DC800 and when I saw my friends GoPro videos and the stills they chopped out I said DAMM why did I spensd all this money for a camera. Right now Im just trying to figure out what I need to get into the GoPro HD 2. I think the go pro outdoor with the underwater case and need everyone here to help me to finish my wish list. Thank you everyone, Fred

All HD2 packages have the same camera, the difference is only the accessories (i.e. head mounts, roll bar mounts, suction cups, etc.). You will need a flat lens, either the GoPro Dive Housing or other third party options. Recommended accessories (not included in any GoPro package) are UW filters (i.e. Backscatter, Oculus, SRP, etc.), anti-fog inserts (i.e. GoPro, FogFree), a tray or pole to mount it (i.e. SRP tray, Intova Slim, DIY tray/pole) and a lanyard to attach the whole thing to your BCD (i.e. any brand from dive shops or cheap key coil lanyards from Home Depot)

i just the gopro dive housing last night - was really hard to get a hold of since everyone was so backordered on it. For the moment i'm going to mount it on top of my primary light using the included mounts to raise it about 4"-5" above the light we shall see how well it works since my next dives are night dives on halloween.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom