GoPro Hero 4 Silver or Hero 4 Black with LCD Backpac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frugalphoenix

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased the GoPro Hero 4 Silver but was sent the Black instead (bought from gumtree). I wanted the silver for the LCD screen and not needing to have 4K video quality. Since I probably got a bargain getting the black im considering buying an LCD backpac for it. However I also wouldn't mind selling it and buying a silver. Any recommendations? I know the LCD screen can chew battery life but it can also be turned off when not needed.

I would keep the black for the better frame rate (120fps for 1080p) and get the LCD and set it to turn off automatically after 60 seconds if you like. If your diving very deep the battery will last the whole dive anyway.

On land you can always use an iphone as a viewer.

Lucky you! Definitively keep the black! You can find a display for about 50$ on ebay if you really want it, but I found it is not that useful. At the beginning I was using my phone to get a correct framing (out of the water). After a while, I can get a sense of what I am shooting without it.

Mhm, I would stay with the original since it comes with an alternative backdoor that is rated for 40m diving, While the others you never know. Also, most of the non original are not touch. On Amazon, right now, you can get it new for about 70$ and a used-like-new for 60$. And believe me, after a few times you will stop using it and sell it on Ebay and get 50$ back...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom