GoPro Hero 3 vs Spypoint XCEL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SVT_Tactical

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looking at these two cameras/camcorders. Leaning towards the gopro due to the ability to stream to my phone. I can get both right around $200. Anyone care to point out any advantages one has over the other besides the built in wifi of the gopro?

GoPro comes with a housing allowing you to dive to 131 feet/40.3meters. GoPro also sells a housing to 190 feet. Spypoint Xcel list the water proof housing as extra. Pricewise they are about the same when you add in the waterproof housing.

My $0.02 GoPro is the leader, TV shows and movies are filmed with it. GoPro has many models to choose from and is not on its first production run. Spypoint is accepting pre-orders on their HD version which appears to be their 2nd model. GoPro, more options, proven product, great photos and video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom