Gopro Hero 3+ lcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you just got someone who is clueless. New camera fits old Hero3 bacpacs and old Hero3 housings (which are now known as bacpac housings on the gopro website).

That sure looks like it to me. Its cheaper here though: Amazon.com: GoPro HERO3 Skeleton Housing: Camera & Photo
You don't want the skeleton version though. :wink: Try Amazon.com: GoPro Replacement Housing: Camera & Photo

---------- Post added October 7th, 2013 at 10:31 PM ----------

But the 3+ is physically15-20% smaller than the 3. I don't know if a 3 housing will work for a 3+. :confused:

The 3+ housing is 20% smaller as they have taken all the free space out of the housing. The camera however is the same size.

sidebyside.jpg

I shall ask them again as the official go pro website clearly states it's suitable for hero3+, in my eyes if it's not then that's not what I'd call wording misleading..... Lol

see if I get a different response from someone else (more clued up) as I'm sure I've read if ither divers doing what there saying won't work

Step 1. Buy GoPro Hero3+
Step 2. Chuck away Hero3+ Housing
Step 3. Buy Hero3 Dive Housing (200ft/60m) and LCD BacPac
Step 4. Replace Backdoor on Dive Housing with the larger door included with LCD BacPac
Step 5. Insert Hero3+ and Go Diving

:)

Step 2. Set aside Hero3+ Housing.

No sense wasting it as it is fully useful on land. There was also a recent report of a new H3B+/LCD buyer calling GoPro CS and getting a set of the new model LCD back doors sent free of charge so now he has matching kits for both above and below the surface.

So really.. if I buy a lcd now.. I cant use it with the gp3+ to go diving???

Step 1. Buy GoPro Hero3+
Step 2. Chuck away Hero3+ Housing
Step 3. Buy Hero3 Dive Housing (200ft/60m) and LCD BacPac
Step 4. Replace Backdoor on Dive Housing with the larger door included with LCD BacPac
Step 5. Insert Hero3+ and Go Diving

:)

Hi thats exactly what I asked when Gopro replied

"Unfortunately that will not work with the new Hero 3+ housings. The title is slightly misleading. I am sorry for the inconvenience."

I have asked again as I think they havent read my question correctly or looked at the link I sent them as it looks to me like there refering to the Hero 3+ housing which I know wont work.

---------- Post added October 8th, 2013 at 10:36 PM ----------

And the answer is.......

Unfortunately that is labeled incorrectly. I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are currently working on extended Back doors for the HERO3+. And hopefully they will be released within the next month or so.

Hi thats exactly what I asked when Gopro replied

"Unfortunately that will not work with the new Hero 3+ housings. The title is slightly misleading. I am sorry for the inconvenience."

I have asked again as I think they havent read my question correctly or looked at the link I sent them as it looks to me like there refering to the Hero 3+ housing which I know wont work.

---------- Post added October 8th, 2013 at 10:36 PM ----------

And the answer is.......

Unfortunately that is labeled incorrectly. I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are currently working on extended Back doors for the HERO3+. And hopefully they will be released within the next month or so.

Unfortunately GoPro outsources their customer service questions to call/help centers. They aren't the most knowledgeable people on the planet and you apparently got someone else that either doesn't understand what you are asking or doesn't know the product well enough. The answer you keep getting from them is a correct response for the Hero3+ housing, not the Bacpac Compatible Housing you have been asking about. What TheTrickster posted will in fact work, exactly as he posted it. As mentioned earlier, the cameras themselves did not change size at all, just the case got smaller. If you take a Hero3+ and put it in the Bacpac Compatible Housing (same thing as the Hero3 Replacement Housing, it's just been renamed) it is sized to fit the doors that come with the Battery and LCD Bacpacs they have for sale now.

Unfortunately GoPro outsources their customer service questions to call/help centers. They aren't the most knowledgeable people on the planet and you apparently got someone else that either doesn't understand what you are asking or doesn't know the product well enough. The answer you keep getting from them is a correct response for the Hero3+ housing, not the Bacpac Compatible Housing you have been asking about. What TheTrickster posted will in fact work, exactly as he posted it. As mentioned earlier, the cameras themselves did not change size at all, just the case got smaller. If you take a Hero3+ and put it in the Bacpac Compatible Housing (same thing as the Hero3 Replacement Housing, it's just been renamed) it is sized to fit the doors that come with the Battery and LCD Bacpacs they have for sale now.

Jeez must have have been my lucky day 2 people who didn't have a clue. What shocking customer service :(. Oh well I'll order I can always return it plus I believe the backscatter flip hounding will fit the other housing which is a bonus

---------- Post added October 9th, 2013 at 05:55 PM ----------

Well look what I got today

I am sorry I must have misunderstood the question. The new HERO3+ cameras will fit into the old Replacement housing (the housing the HERO3 cameras came standard with). The old housing will allow you to use the extended back doors. The LCD touch screen itself will fit onto the back of the new HERO3+ cameras.

Back
Top Bottom