GoPro Here 2 Outdoor Package/Flat Lens - Please Help, we leave Saturday!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeelsDive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello!!! We are headed to Belize on Saturday for our SCUBA Certification. With the hlpe of folks on this board we ordered the GoPro camera from Mako along with the outdoor package. We also ordered the LCD BacPac to go with our camera and underwater housing unit. We are just not getting to play with the camera and get it all setup. My

My husband is trying to swap the original lens that came with the camera with the flat lens that came with our package. We watched the video on Mako site and followed those instructions. We aren't sure what's going on but its almost like the screws aren't long enough to attach the lens to the unit. They aren't screwing into the unit and staying. We are using the screws that came with the flat lense and still having trouble.

Does this sound familiar? Any suggestions for what we should try/do at the last minute - really not wise on our part I know to start sorting this out so late, but its been a hectic week - didn't think it would be that hard when we watched the video earlier. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated!

It is possible the lens is in upside down.

The flat lens? We have the black ring side of the lends facing out, and the clear ring portion facing into the housing unit, then the black o ring, then the housing unit - is that not correct?

---------- Post added May 17th, 2012 at 09:42 PM ----------

You were right.....clear portion should be on top...we just rewatched the video a little more closely this time :) Crisis resolved.

Great!!!!!! Glad I could help. Now enjoy your certification!

Where did you stay in Belize? Who did you get certified with? How did you like the camera?

We were certified in Belize on Key Caulker. The diving is amazing. I am getting ready to order the GoPro. Any advice?? Thank you, Fred

The flat lens? We have the black ring side of the lends facing out, and the clear ring portion facing into the housing unit, then the black o ring, then the housing unit - is that not correct?

---------- Post added May 17th, 2012 at 09:42 PM ----------

You were right.....clear portion should be on top...we just rewatched the video a little more closely this time :) Crisis resolved.

ReelDuel, I dove with these guys there in Caulker Caye, it was great - can't remember their name, but here is a picture of their shop. Their equipment was a bit run down, but that was to be expected, unless you are diving from a resort.

373957_2947880138229_1219772917_n.jpg

This dive opp was out to the right of our Cabana. We dove with Belize Diving Service on the leeward side of the island. Very good equipment and service. Pablo Bo was our DI!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom