GoPro Head Strap Leash by Z Gear review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mod8521

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A few months ago I got an opportunity to try out a Z gear head strap leash. I was only able two make 2 dives with due the extremely cold winter here in Ohio. I have only done 6 dives with a go pro so far. As with a lot of divers I have talked to finding a comfortable way to carry it is a great debate. My objective with a camera is to record a dive but not get lost in recording it. I am not really interest in using a tray or really having to do anything with it during a dive just "set it and forget it" the old Ronco slogan.
I liked the idea of a head strap but have heard many times I would loose the camera and not know it. The leash is a great solution to this problem as I quickly found out. On the last dive with the camera it slipped of my head. I figured it just slipped off and I noticed right away. Once I got home and looked at the video it was a good 2 minutes before I realized it slipped off. If you dive with a head strap you might want to look into these for some cheap insurance. If I am using the head strap I will be using the leash too for sure.
I will say I was a bit concerned with a entanglement issues with the strap being worn on my left arm. But even with using my bailout bottle for practice at the end of the dive it went unnoticed I had it on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom