GoPro HD in Cavern and Cave.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSwain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got home from a trip to FL to do some Cavern and cave diving. My buddy and I took our GoPros along to do some filming and got some good footage. Here is the first video, all the underwater shots were taken with the GoPro. We bothe had 10w HID lights and I bought 2 Sola 1200 video lights to light things up and they worked great! Enjoy!

Cavern Dive in the ball room at Ginnie Springs, Fl.

Nicely done. That is definitely a good use for those little camcorders. Works well for confined areas where you are moving your head around alot (you do have it strapped to your head, right?) and good where you need your hands free. thanks for posting!

robin:D

Very Nice footage, thank you for sharing!

Very good story-telling, and very well lit! Thanks for sharing this.

Robint, no I do not have it mounted on my head, but I do have a head mount for it. I have it mounted on a camera mount along with the 2 sola 1200 video lights. All line was run on a dive with out the camera setup. We did 2 dives shooting video and then pulled our reels on a 4th dive.

Lobzilla I will post a photo of the set up when I get a chance. But it is not on a helmet. My buddy does have his mounted on a helmet, But I dont think I have a photo of it. If I do I will post it too.

TS&M thanks for the compliment!

Here is a photo of how I have the GoPro HD Mounted for the cave videos.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 380
TSwain,

I can't view your video from my location (due to copyright restrictions from youtube) but I was wondering what fix (if any) did you use for the focus blur with the stock GoPro lens?

Back
Top Bottom