GoPro HD Hero 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jashaw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am currently looking to get one of these cameras. Since they do not have a specific "dive" package yet (I hear they are working on it though). What would be the best edition for me to get since it'll be used on diving and on my snowmobile.

Thanks!

I think the Motorsport edition for you is best then as that can easily attach to your snowmobile.
I had the outdoor edition that comes with a head and helmet strap, but for scuba diving that will only create very shaky video that makes you sick.
Also, make sure you get the blurfix flat lens for underwater use, otherwise you will have very blurry video.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about the Motorsport for the snowmobile. What about the wrist mount? That seems like it may get in the way of shooting a bag. It looks like it can be attached to anything, probably a goodman handle like a can light has would work pretty well. The handle would have a gear-keeper or something so the camera could be let go in case something happened.

I've been using the Hero 2 out of the water for a few months. With college classes winding down, it's time to get back in the water. I have been searching flat lenses and a large number have come up. GoPro does have a solution on the way, but I hate to wait for too long.

I would be using 720p 60fps when diving. Is the vignetting truly that terrible on that setting that I would need a flat lens?

I am not totally against getting a 3rd party lens, but would rather have a flat lens directly from GoPro themselves.

I am currently looking to get one of these cameras. Since they do not have a specific "dive" package yet (I hear they are working on it though). What would be the best edition for me to get since it'll be used on diving and on my snowmobile.

Thanks!

Take a look at our website. We offer a FREE GoPro flat lens and have a broad selection of custom and OEM GoPro mounting hardware. Possibly something like this might work?

GoPro Roll Bar Mount

Or possibly a suction cup mount?

As for the flat lens, it is essential for delivering focused images underwater. Not much use for an HD camera that doesn't focus underwater. We just added this video to show how quick and simple it is to upgrade to a flat lens.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ma...flat-lens-installation-video.html#post6304853

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom