GoPro Goggle Mount - Feedback Appreciated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BAMF624

Registered
Reaction score
Recently got a GoPro and was disappointed with all the current mounting options available. The only thing that seemed remotely decent was the head strap, but even this seemed flawed as it would be to easy for the camera to fall off without noticing, or impede mask clearing.

So I set to work on a better solution. I have an AquaLung Technica Mask.

I wanted to develop a way to attach my GoPro to my Mask without drilling any holes in my goggles or gluing anything to them.

After a few CAD Models and 2 Prototypes later I wound up with this:

540437_3894281629819_757952116_n.jpeg561777_3894283149857_407434152_n.jpg

I already have my provisional patent, and am aware that the pictured model would only fit this particular model of goggles, however I have plans to make other models very soon :D

Just wanted to get some feedback.

Also I will be having my first large batch made soon, so please PM me if you would be interested if getting one.

Thanks,

T

Last edited by a moderator:
Pm sent

Just wanted to update everyone. I decided on the name "Octomask" for the mask that holds your camera.

"Octomask" is now available at Octomask: Free Your Hands

I have tested it extensively and it works great with very little drag. I usually forget I am even wearing it.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

head_on.jpegthree_quarter.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom