GOPRO Dive Housing Flooding Poll

Has your GoPro Dive Housing Flooded

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Go Pro 3 and have probably had it in water about 40 times down as far as 80 feet. Never had an issue with it, I do inspect the rubber gasket on the door before I close it up (even the smallest grain of sand or hair can possibly compromise a seal on any waterproof item.
I was comparing the go pro 3 to the go pro 3 + , and it seems like the 3 + is not rated for the depth like the 3, also the locking mechanism on the
3 + claims to be easier to open, so just wondering how many 3 vs 3+ leaks there have been.
Most likely the users fault for the majority of floodings,
Would I purchase another go pro 3 ? YES ! - For the price and quality of course
I do want to purchase a tray and lights eventually, I don't see my self dishing out thousands of tens of thousands of dollars on a camera with housing to shoot video with when the go pro I find has the same quality of video. The only downside yes maybe pictures aren't as great especially when you can not attach a flash/strobe to a go pro, but for video sake - I will stick to a go pro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom