Question GoPro Cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passedoutwookie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How is everyone protecting the case lens on their GoPro? I have always carried mine in a soft bag in a pocket, but find myself clipping it off to a d-ring rather then wrestle it back into the bag and then into a pocket only to want to take it back out in the next section of cave. Is there a slim protective cover for the housing/lens that is quickly removed and stowed that would allow me to clip the GoPro off and not have to worry about scratching it?

It's a conundrum and not even AliExpress sells a piece of plastic to fit. Gap in the market. I've got a Backscatter Flip Filter which I haven't found too useful with a GoPro Hero 11 (too red), but it does make a good lens cover.

How is everyone protecting the case lens on their GoPro? I have always carried mine in a soft bag in a pocket, but find myself clipping it off to a d-ring rather then wrestle it back into the bag and then into a pocket only to want to take it back out in the next section of cave. Is there a slim protective cover for the housing/lens that is quickly removed and stowed that would allow me to clip the GoPro off and not have to worry about scratching it?
I bet someone savvy with a 3D-printer could come up with something...

I would try removing the pink/red polycarbonate filter lens from its casing designed to fit the UW housing and replacing it with a clear lens polycarbonate cut to snap-fit (with some glue) into the original outer casing … such a scratched lens can be replaceable (if you use a mild glue)

IMG_8022.jpeg

I use to have one for the older style (smaller) gopro's can't remember where I got it. I've switched to using a lens on mine,
it came with a cover :)

I use a Backscatter Flip filter. I use the shallow depth filter and flip it down to cover the lens for when I put it in the tank on the boat tank, set it down...any time it's not in the soft case really. It's the only reason it's on my camera. I don't use filters at all for filtering. :)

The Backscatter neoprene cover is probably the closest thing to what you want.

I wish there was a protective filter like some use clear filters on expensive lenses. But I just treat the GoPro factory case as being fairly disposable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom