GOPRo Close up lens... Nikonos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having shot still photos of macro work, I mean critter stuff smaller than your pinky fingernail..............everything is a compromise. Post processing and zooming in/cropping with the Go Pro may also comes into play at the higher resolutions, but no, a go pro isn't going to capture a 1/2" nudibrach worth crap for image quality to fill your 60" big screen tv.

Some people seem to keep forcing the GoPro into an extreme environment that it's not built for.....low light depths......cave diving....... or macro...........I shrug.........Meanwhile I spend hundreds of dollars on wet mount wide angle and fisheye INON lenses to turn a point and shoot still photo camera into something that it's not...........a wide angle almost a 165 field of view camera. <see my sig line of hiding $1000's of dollars from my wifes visa bill?>

Ain't no one magic bullet people.

heh heh, lets get back to simple topics like $20 filters and the best $49.95 lighting rig? <groan> <grins>

On a good note you can recycle all those AD lenses with either a second hand Canon S95 or a fresh new Sony RX100 and the results are spectacular
An RX100 with all the lenses you have an your sola would be a real monster

Sometimes Interceptor, we agree to disagree, but this time I'm with you, Yes My Oly SP-350 point and shoot still camera is getting long in tooth.......saber tooth tiger long???

I like to plan a whole system. cam/housing/strobes/lighting.....and just drop the dough and do it right once......you almost have a mind set on a 5 year plan of gear, then the next level comes out and you start all over again......or recycle gear as you say.

but if I'm going $1600-2000-2500+.........................I'm going into a 4:3rd body / Nauticam housing.........powered by a NEX-7 once the prices get down to mere mortal level. NEX5 and the new NEX6 are sweet, but I like the 7 for the nauticam housing alone. Easy Squeeze to drive.

It's sad to see Ikelite shying away from housings for 4:3rds format and "affordable" housings which easily took a INON AD bayonet wet mount lens......and a Ikelight TTL DS-125 and now 165 strobes that also bring Video lights as well as strobe in one package................but for macro gear read my sig line, the 165fish eye alone is a ~$450 lens. I love it's mere 1/4-1/2" up front focus yet still grabs a 165 degree FOV.

The AD INON Macro lenses too, at $100 a crack, single or double stacked (just got the 2nd one, haven't dove it yet) makes a 1/4" critter look HUGE and great for stills; video, yeah I'd love my lenses on a new piece of image capturing gear.

and Interceptor I love your YouTube video of the Muk Diving showing Nudi's, gorgoniun whip coral fish, and first hand I know about Pipe Fish and Ornate Pipe fish..........stunning creatures..........and everything is so frigging small, I actually dive with a 4" magnifying glass to soak up the micro-macro details.

Post a link to it here dood, you did an awesome macro dive video.

I never liked the Canon line, G10-12 or others. meh.

Shoot for fun, run what ya brung, happy bubbles will ensue.

Now if SRP filters and lenes only took a AD mount, hmmmm, a cheap adapter would be great hint hint hint SRP, are you listening?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom