GoPro battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tedgarner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone ever have a problem with gopro battery not charging. I have contacted them and they will fix it, but just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem.

yup, and burning through the battery in about 15 minutes.
It's difficult to get a good charge while in the camera off a USB port. There is a better battery by wasabi. 2 batteries and a wall charger for around $30. Search for it in amazon.

Thanks good to know.

yup, and burning through the battery in about 15 minutes.
It's difficult to get a good charge while in the camera off a USB port. There is a better battery by wasabi. 2 batteries and a wall charger for around $30. Search for it in amazon.

This is awesome. I just bought a Wasabi charger kit. Comes with 2 batteries, and charger that can be used in your car or wall jack. The batteries last longer than the orginal GoPro batteries and the reviews are 4.5 star average! For 26 bucks with free shipping, seriously you can't go wrong! I've been surprised how quickly the batteries drain in my Hero2... seems like the battery life isn't what it usually was on my HeroHD, so to hear that these batteries last long - I'm all in!

Last edited:
Very good thread and thanks for starting it tedgarner. We just got back from filming the caves in Fla and was taken back by the low amount of battery time. We also noticed that it was worse when we charged off the USB.

I always charge from a usb power adapter and not from a pc usb output. This has given me close to the stated battery life, and also charges faster with a pc usb outputting 500mah and a power adapter typically 1000mah. Charging off a laptop may be even worse whe its running off battery and limit output to conserve its own battery.

One tip is to avoid leaving tbe camera in standby mode. I found this drains battery nearly at the same rate as while its recording, when its not running I always turn it off. I also have it set to turn off when not in use for 1 minute this way I get the longest runtimes I can.

Thx for the tip.
Just ordered the wasabi batteries for my upcoming trip in June.
Hopefully they last longer than the oem batteries.
For 26$ it's a great deal.

I will up date as soon as I get the camera back from gopro.
I my case it does charge at all in any mode or wall charger nothing.
I did try a different battery and no go on it either. I do have plans for ordering back ups as soon as I hit the states this week.

Back
Top Bottom