GoPro Backscatter Tip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thook

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My last trip I used the back scatter flip up lense on my GP. The filter did a great job for what it is intended, however I had a lesson learned. Whe you jump off the boat...bubbles get "Stuck" between the filter and the lense and they will stay there the entire dive. If someone goes under you and you swim through bubbles...they get stuck too. TIP= Flip the filter open, wipe it off with your fingers before you start to video. I had some pretty good footage ruined becaue of this little issue.

Peace~Out

Haha indeed this is a good tip I give all the GoPro ( and other video camera ) users with flip-lenses,remember to flip it off and back when you submerge or you might have water/air distortions due to the airpocket

Any tips for keeping the filter in the "up" position when beginging the dive and when in very shallow conditions? I like to do vids like this and can't figure out how to keep the silly filter up while videoing entry and descent like this:

[video=vimeo;45518048]http://vimeo.com/45518048[/video]

Any ideas? From what I can tell it will be a floppy mess when trying to do this....

---------- Post added June 23rd, 2013 at 04:07 PM ----------

NVM, I figured it out, just flip it back to the stop and it will lock in place....nice! Cant wait to use the new flip filter for my Hero 2 and anti fog inserts! Forgot those last time, had lots of fogging issues!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom