GoPro advice for all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edwants2dive

Glowstick
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok I am putting this here for all to see because even new divers have a tendency to have and use GoPros. I think it has been said elsewhere in one of the forums but I am repeating it. When you get your GoPro take a piece of paper put a statement that you are the owner of this camera with your contact info. Take a picture of it and make sure it stays on the camera. Why, might you ask? Should you lose it and someone finds it your likely to get it back. I had mine come unclipped from me on a dive yesterday and did not realize it until I reached for it to take a video. Man was I bummed out. Well low and behold I got a call this morning from a nice lady who found it on the beach this morning and is shipping it back to me ( I am going to send her the shipping cost plus a little reward). This affirms my belief that the majority of folks are honest and decent.

Not all people are horrid "finders keepers, losers weepers" nasties.

Good point about a piece of paper, or even adding a Dyno tape label with your name & number.

I have been doing this for several years now after reading about a similar story on SB. Solid advice/reminder.

Great advice. I, too, have been doing this (since I got my first GoPro back in 2011).

I have my GoPro mounted on my DLSR camera rig. It's on loc-line but I also attach a wire (fishing) trace to the GoPro and the rig so that if it gets bumped off, it is still tethered. In fact, my torches are also tethered in the same way which was fortunate after a diver rolled out of the boat on top of me and her tank hit my rig. It knocked the torch off its loc-line but the wire trace kept it attached so I didn't lose it.

The first picture on my camera has my Name, Mobile Number, and email address just in case it gets separated from me.

Back
Top Bottom