Gopro 9 deep underwater housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It uses its own design with magnets.

C58B2147-17D8-4169-B09D-A52FFDFD51D4.jpeg

I went ahead and purchased the T-housing for the gopro 9.

on receipt, I was bitterly disappointed in the way that the housing is secured. It uses a simple multipurpose spring catch. There is no safety mechanism. While the case may never open accidentally, the possibility is clearly there. There is also only one oring.

Two a ridiculous design flaws for a higher end, deep water rated housing.

not recommended.

I have used the housing on one two week trip so far. Maximum depth was about 185 On multiple dives. The single oring case did not leak and the non-safety case catch did not open by accident. However, I still find those features very disturbing.

The case being aluminum was also very susceptible to corrosion. I think the manufacturer knows this as it has an anode. A quick dunking definitely does not do the trick. it needs to be soaked for an extended period of time and the buttons repeatedly actuated. The way the buttons are positioned in the case, I am sure that there could be some corrosion going on in there and you can’t reach it. A lot of white powdery substance is coming out around the buttons.

My original not recommended recommendation holds.

My curiosity... How do you mount the filters (if you use any) say Macro, Red filter, etc. on these housings for deep dives? Their shape and dimensions do not seem compatible with many filter mounts that are conceived to be used with Go Pro Supersuit
Given that there is very little ambient light at those depths, the colored filters are of little value. You need to supply your own light, which means you don't need a colored filter.

Golem Gear has them (well actually they are from iQsub) they have a 500ft and 1000ft version.

Golem Gear, Inc. - UW Photo/Video

Personally I have not used them but a couple of my friends have them and have nothing but good things to say about them. I went down the paralenz route and wish I would have gone with the GoPro route

Golem Gear has them (well actually they are from iQsub) they have a 500ft and 1000ft version.

Golem Gear, Inc. - UW Photo/Video

Personally I have not used them but a couple of my friends have them and have nothing but good things to say about them. I went down the paralenz route and wish I would have gone with the GoPro route

I use a Golem Gear / iQSub with a GoPro 7 and have never had an issue and have had it up to about 300' deep. Works flawlessly and it gets plenty of abuse.

- brett

My curiosity... How do you mount the filters (if you use any) say Macro, Red filter, etc. on these housings for deep dives? Their shape and dimensions do not seem compatible with many filter mounts that are conceived to be used with Go Pro Supersuit

Isotta case supports the Backscatter Flip filters.

The Isotta trigger button is also very easy to use. I dove with someone that has one, I took a video of him with his GoPro and I found the trigger really easy to use. I am tempted to get one for myself since I just upgraded to the 10.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom