GoPro 8 Polar Pro filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al248005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone use the Polar Pro filters yet for their 8? I just picked a set up for my upcoming trip to the Keys and was curious if anyone had any luck so far with them

are you looking at the aqua 3 pack? the red filter doesn't work as well as the backscatter flip, but the magenta filter has some use in green water situations

Yeah its a 3 pack....Backscatter doesn't have any as of yet to fit the 8

I don't have the GoPro 8 but do have the 3+, 6 and 7. While a red filter was somewhat useful for the 3+, the red filter was problematic for the 6 and 7. The white balance with the red filter on the 6 and 7 would sometimes change throughout a single video scene ruining the color (the 3+ also did this). Without the red filter the white balance is much more stable and for whatever reason the 6 and 7 do much better with underwater colors than the 3+. My go-to settings for blue water:

No filter
2.7K 60fps
auto white balance
iso 100 to 400
gopro color
medium sharpness
exposure -0.5

Below is my latest video using the above conditions and the GoPro 7. Lights were used in a few of scenes.

I need to go to Socorro (and use my GoPro... just to keep this relevant). Thank you for the goals.

I don't have the GoPro 8 but do have the 3+, 6 and 7. While a red filter was somewhat useful for the 3+, the red filter was problematic for the 6 and 7. The white balance with the red filter on the 6 and 7 would sometimes change throughout a single video scene ruining the color (the 3+ also did this). Without the red filter the white balance is much more stable and for whatever reason the 6 and 7 do much better with underwater colors than the 3+. My go-to settings for blue water:

No filter
2.7K 60fps
auto white balance
iso 100 to 400
gopro color
medium sharpness
exposure -0.5

Below is my latest video using the above conditions and the GoPro 7. Lights were used in a few of scenes.

That's exactly what I am worried about. I noticed the WB change on the only dive I used it on so far with no filter. If it were to change with a filter on it would make it red. I used to have an Intova that would let you manually set the white balance and unfortunately this GoPro doesn't look like you're able to do that. Does anyone know what the white balance numbers mean ( 2300k 2800k 3200k etc). I see where you can lock it on one of those settings but I don't know what those numbers stand for.

Back
Top Bottom