GoPro 4 Silver - Protune & SRP CYD filter help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeLiX3

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all!

I've been shooting without protune and using a SRP CYD filter and the results are just ok. Have not used Protune before when shooting underwater

Looking to use Protune with the following for my next trip with intention to post-process:

WB: Native
Color: Flat
ISO Limit: 400
Sharpness: Low

does anyone have any feedback with the above settings and would you suggest using the SRP CYD at the same time, or no filter when shooting with these settings? Or has anyone compared footage using these settings both with and without a filter and can share the differences? Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm using the same setting as you.

Firslty, gopro will compress the video file when u take it. Gopro studio is the software which decompress the file to original.
This setting is mainly for post production. When u trancode the movie to cineform avi, u will see the file size is almost 3 times as which u took. U will see the color is strange, but very easy to make it normal by the whitebalance of gopro studio. This happen because gopro using the lowest compress rate to record your movie. Save as much data as it can take from the scene. Something like a raw file of camera.
If u have a good filter like srp, and your depth is not very deep(over 30 meters). This is almost a useless setting because u may not need to do color correction.
But, if u lost your filter underwater. (i lost uw before becuase of the current and i didn't tire it up). This setting will help u to recover most of the color in the post productio. Or u dive very deep, until the filter become useless. This setting becomes very useful.

I did many test by myself before. With filter or without filter. I use this setting to dive. This is a insurance for me to recover something if something happen uw.

Iso400 is too low if the ambient is not good. Of course this is the best quality to can make base on a good viz and good weather. If u take marco with light, 400 is perfect. U need to change the iso according to the diving conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom