Goodman handle on Archon lights ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyndle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I was wondering, is it possible/easy to install a goodman handle on the D36V II ?

There's a summer sale and the price is interesting on aliexpress (257.86US $ 21% OFF|D36V II warm white diving photograph light HD diving video light Underwater 100m diving flashlight dive troch diving fill lights|LED Flashlights| - AliExpress), but I cannot find enough pictures to make sure it comes with the screws and holes that could attach to a standard goodman handle like that one:
12.09US $ 36% OFF|Severe Cold Professional Diving Photographic Flashlight Handheld Handle Scuba Flash Light U type handle Mount|Portable Lighting Accessories| - AliExpress

Thanks!

The distance between the screws holding the ball mount on my gen1 D36V is approximately 17mm, but that handle does not look like a good fit - the three holes in the center would allow it to be mounted in parallel with the light, not across it, unless you use just a single screw, which could get wobbly.

Thanks for the helpful reply!
So those holes are standard, they all have the same diameter, I just need to find one with 2 holes separated by 17mm, or even better, some sort of rail, right?

Pretty much, yeah. Or a light with the holes one behind the other, like that Scubalamp you linked in the other thread.

For what it's worth, my main night dive light is an Archon V10S mounted in this, although the photo on the site is wrong - the front strap goes across the palm, in front of the thumb, while the rear strap goes around the wrist. I let someone borrow mine during the last trip and they lost it, so I'm getting another V10S to replace it - it's in the mail right now.

Wow not cool ! I hope that person paid for the light at least lol

Not a big fan of soft handles, I prefer a goodman. But you convinced me to get 2 of the same lights, so I won't even use a goodman handle they'll both be mounted on my camera try (since I don't have strobes yet, nobody is selling Z3330s :( :( )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom