Goodbye Fiesta Americana Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beware of part of the hotel opening (south side?) while mucho construction is on-going on the rest of the facility.

I will not stay there at those rates and even if I did, would wait until it was finished before staying there.

Beware of part of the hotel opening (south side?) while mucho construction is on-going on the rest of the facility.

I will not stay there at those rates and even if I did, would wait until it was finished before staying there.
Not only construction. It's a big leap to go from a 1-star AI to a 5-star AI. Secrets, for example, had some terrible reports during their opening months. They seemed to finally get the bugs out (literally and figuratively) before my stay there last year, but it doesn't sound like I would have been as happy had I tried it 6 months prior.

Still being renovated wouldn't be so bad if the were offering some major deals. My sister got a resort in Aruba for like 80% off rack rate, and only had to put up with minor construction.

They may be fishing at that price. Kind of like the airlines. Way in advance of opening, throw a hefty price out there, see if there is any interest. Who knows, maybe it will work out. Once they open, there are fixed costs to cover, so vacant rooms are problematic, and at that point, the price drops. We will have to wait and see I suppose.

I don't think there is too much being left up to chance. FA is a hotel brand, not a single location hotel, so like all brands they promote a consistent level of experience across all their holdings. The FA in Cozumel was way long over due to be renovated and be brought up to the same level and experience of the rest of the locations and should now reflect what the rest of the properties do and give the tourist who are familiar with them an expected similar experience. I don't think there are going to be any surprises at corporate that some old guests who were only familiar with the location in Cozumel won't be coming back, I'm sure they are counting on it, and counting on increasing revenue and being more profitable by attracting guests with higher expectations and willing to pay more for them, it's just a trading off of one type of customer for another and long over due for that location.

I doubt that Mike is referring to me specifically because I know that I add a certain class that any hotel would gladly embrace.

CozSunsetSock3Small.jpg

And as far as I can tell from going by on the dive boat, goodbye Orange FA... It has a new white paint job with aqua blue accents... kind of pretty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom