Good way to get started in NJ Shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UntamedSpirit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I'm interested in venturing beyond dutch springs a bit, but am running low on funds for boats. I've heard about NJ Shore dives (Even have a couple books).

I've done some diving off ocean city MD, but am still fairly new to cold water oceans. (My main buddy has sworn off cold water oceans) Do any time shops do intro trips? or maybe rent a DM/Guide?

I have an 8/6 semi dry, saving up for a dry suit next year. Its been good exposure protection to about the high 40's since I lost weight, so may be doing this later in the summer.

Just looking for any thoughts or advise.

Thanks

~Phil

I have been to all of the beach dive websites and even have a book on beach diving in New Jersey. My dive buddy and myself would love to meet up with some experienced NJ shore divers during the week and dive. Although I have read about all the sites, I would like to dive with others that have the NJ shore diving experience. We always dive during the week, so if you want to meet up with us sometime and show us the ropes, please pm me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom