good time to dive Vancouver/Victoria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no excuses

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking of coming up latter this summmer/fall from out of Annacortes WA and was wondering when would be a good time to come up, I have a 17' rib so I would be based out of it and doing some boat diving. Looking for good Viz, weather and boating conditions. Thanks stan :D

For visibility I'd suggest the later the better..., like in Washington & Oregon, our visibility gets better when it's cold.

Thinking of heading up that way around the first weekend of September with a four day weekend, explore the San Juans and heading up into the Victoria area.

stan

For Victoria, my personal opinion is July-October for the best visibility and weather, although Saanich Inlet can have great visibility in winter too.

Agree, last summer in the Inlet we were getting 60 to 70ft almost everyday. The problem is that it can go from 100ft one day to 5ft the next.

Al

Nanaimo has been enjoying some great vis lately. You should come right now

Agree, last summer in the Inlet we were getting 60 to 70ft almost everyday. The problem is that it can go from 100ft one day to 5ft the next.

Al

we get that all the time down here off the OR coast, sometimes it seems dive to dive lol.

Back
Top Bottom