Good spot in the Carib for diving & topside activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bp_968

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to plan a trip for early next year (feb-may sometime) for my wife, me and maybe a couple of friends. I'm looking for a place thats not to expensive and is conductive to new divers and also has topside things for non-divers and for SI.

After looking at travelocity the cheapest flights seem to be:

Bamahas
St Thomas
St Croix
St Martin
Dominican republic
Cayman Islands

Any recommendations? I would prefer places with good shore diving if at all possible.

DR looks like it has good topside but some of the comments on the diving are not so good. The caymans is an obvious win for diving but how is the topside? Do the bahamas have any good shore diving? How about the VIs?

Ben

On that list I would say Caymans rules hands down. I have dived all but St. Maarten (snorkel only) and DR (no desire based upon other reviews. Cayman will give you decent top-side activities if a little expensive. I am not a big shore diver so I'll leave that to others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom