Good Reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes Murphy saves up.

One thing though, why didn't they know they were not ascending? I mean if you watch your depth gauge you'd know. If you listen to your ears you'd know. I'll leave the "looking at floaty bits in the water" aside as they mentioned there could have been current. And if you're ascending from a deep dive, making sure you ascent rate is right is pretty important. I guess they were using the rope as the guide for speed?!

When pushing the NDL's, as they had to have been doing, getting out of dodge to the deep stop is kind of important... And diving 3rds and entering deco really don't go together either, do they? And how much air did his buddy have? If he was the air hog and even breathed his pony down pretty low, no air sharing?

There are a few things in that article that don't make alot of sense to me :)

Just to confirm, is the reason behind deploying the smb in this instance to alert people on the surface that you are ascending off the line and may drift?

Dash Riprock:
Just to confirm, is the reason behind deploying the smb in this instance to alert people on the surface that you are ascending off the line and may drift?

I do believe they also use it when on decompression stops. I think there is also a lose rule about DSMB color usage also.

a "dive leader" with no nitrox cert... amazing

mattroz:
a "dive leader" with no nitrox cert... amazing

not amazing, I can not be sure on this but I think nitrox is more popular in the US than the UK. I am beyond dive leader and don't use nitrox, I'm comfortable on air.

Back
Top Bottom